G

Hello,
soon i will be buying abit's kt7 motherboard and would like to hear of any known problems or good things about it. thanks.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The only problem i had with building a system with one is the softmenu III has to be setup right or you will have problems booting. It has something to do with the bios being set to the right speed of the chip. Abits site has all the info to get it setup right. Other then that everything went fine, its running 4x apg on a Creative GF2 32 meg. Which i here is a rareity to have work stablely. The system has a tbird 900 on it and seems to out do my p3 733 with a GF2 pro in quake 3 by quite a few fps. The only thing i would suggest is waiting for the KT7A. Suppost to support 133 frontside and ATA 100 on the southbridge.

morc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had the worst experience with it. I'm still at the stage when I'm trying to get it recodnise my video card (!) and boot, but don't get too disapointed I read a lot of success stories and maybe I'm unlucky (but not very, because lot's of people have problem with it). BTW it's one of the best boards if it works :)

Regards,

Morc

Latest posts