ABit KT7A-RAID
Athlon (AXIA) 1GHz
Asus V7700/64Mb
LAN card
SB Live Value
Hauppauge WinTV
3 RAM DIMMs x128Mb

What happens:

I think my mobo has BIOS YH from the start (so I had no problems with my cooler that runs at about 7000 RPM).

Anyway I assemble everything ok (although I don't think I have unlocked the CPU successfully yet - maybe this is the problem?)...

I switch on the system... it starts up fine (one beep etc.). WHEN I switch it off and then on again MY MOBO REPORTS BAD VGA!!! (beeeep beep beep)

At first I thought I destroyed (although I did nothing) my expensive Asus, but when I putted it back to my old machine it booted!

When I put an other VGA it works fine! (and also fine after switch-off-and-on)

When I put the 7700 back IT WORKS FINE for just once (again)! This is the only way to make it work again. To put an other card in the slot and then the 7700 back. Clear BIOS, power cable removal etc. DO NOT help. I just have to put an other card and then the 7700 back! (something like the system returning to some state and then "confused" by the 7700 and only fixed by an other card).

Any clues? HELP!

---
NLS

G

You should check to be sure the bios is set to look for an AGP card before it looks for a PCI card. Mine came with PCI as the default.