[SOLVED] Kvag. File

Sep 14, 2019
Hi, i recently installed some applications on my windows 8.1 and after the installation, all my documents, media, changed to a kvag file type and i cant open them anymore. How do i revoer my files? Any help please?
Thanks.

Solution
Not finding a lot of information on the KVAG extension, so I'm thinking its fairly new. As stated above, I hope you have your files backed up.

Scan your system with Malwarebytes and your anti-virus program. If it finds anything, remove it and try to manually change the extension back to what it should be. If you're not able to, Format. Reinstall Windows. Restore your files from backup.

If you don't have backups, keep searching to see if someone identifies a decryption key for that particular form of ransomware (if that's what it turns out to be).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not finding a lot of information on the KVAG extension, so I'm thinking its fairly new. As stated above, I hope you have your files backed up.

Scan your system with Malwarebytes and your anti-virus program. If it finds anything, remove it and try to manually change the extension back to what it should be. If you're not able to, Format. Reinstall Windows. Restore your files from backup.

If you don't have backups, keep searching to see if someone identifies a decryption key for that particular form of ransomware (if that's what it turns out to be).

-Wolf sends

Solution
Sep 14, 2019
69965061_682142852197392_5738050133925298176_n.jpg

My friend also has the same problem, I asked him what's the latest file he downloaded at that time, he said he downloaded the NBA (Game) Serial Key. I think that was the cause of the problem. Please help :<

USAFRet

Titan
My friend also has the same problem, I asked him what's the latest file he downloaded at that time, he said he downloaded the NBA (Game) Serial Key. I think that was the cause of the problem. Please help :<
Yes, downloading and running that game crack thing is specifically why you're in this situation.

And the only "fix" for this is a full wipe and reinstall. Whatever files this has encrypted are gone.

Or, you could pay the people whatever money or bitcoin they ask for,and maybe they will give you the actual key to unlock your files.

The way to prevent this in the future is to not download and run cracked software.

Reactions: luckyd13