KVM and wireless mouse/keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpeffers

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I'm using the Logitech MXDuo(love it) and now have a netgear kvm(never used kvms before so i bought cheap)

and i cannot get my both my keyboard and mouse to work at all when using the kvm.

IE one box will boot up, but it acts as if the mouse and keyboard were not even plugged in, i get the second box booted and same result.

i've talked to people who use kvms, only one tried to use a wireless mouse, and he had to start his machines in a certain order otherwise his mouse would not work.

and i've checked the kvm and cables to make sure that it is working, and it is. just not with my MXDuo :(

anyways my question is how can i get it to work for me(if at all possible), or do i have to get a new kvm or go wired?

quicsilver

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I also have a Logitech wireless USB and keyboard, this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823126171

and I bought a IOgear KVM switch, this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817107407

Works perfect, don't have to do any tips and tricks to get the thing to work right like turn one on then the other, nothing. It automatically senses one computer and not the other and it works fine. Now I can't be completly positive it would work with your hardware config, but it works fine with mine. Had it for about a week now so I can't say it's tried and true for years or anything, but it's only givin me one issue since I got it, when reinstalling Windows it didn't like that at all, I had to unplug the mouse and keyboard from the unit and plug directly in the PC for it to work right, but after in windows it works perfect. I actually picked this KVM up at my local Wal-Mart for $24.95, which is a little cheaper than newegg after shipping PLUS if you get it there you can run home, try it out, and if it doesn't work take it back, you can return anything to wal-mart.

To try and get the one you got to work, I'd call netgear and ask them about it, they may know something we don't....

alpeffers

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
i take it your kvm is self powered no?

cause that was a suggestion given to me today, i just hafta go pick up a multi-tap adaptor now(mine is self powered... so to speak)

Morden

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009

Hi there Quicsilver, I know you posted this about 3 years ago but I was wondering if you still use this switch to this day as I bought a wireless kb and mouse combo and my D-Link kvm switch doesn't work with them both, only the one (the mouse I believe) in both systems. I also tried another KVM switch and it did the same thing.

So I was considering buying that IOgear KVM switch that you bought and hopefully both my wireless mouse and KB will work now on both machines.

Thanks!
Morden

Hellsingseye

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I have done a lot of futile research to fix my KVM switch problem. im now on my third KVM, which is the four port IOGEAR and i think i have a possible fix as i have literally tried EVERYTHING else....really. get a wireless keyboard and then buy a separate wireless mouse. I will tell you if it works. :sol:

G

I also have a Logitech wireless mouse V220 and an IOGEAR KVM GCS 84A (4-port KVM with PS/2 and VGA ports), but cannot get the mouse to work through the KVM. Logitech denies it is possible and IOGEAR denies it is possible. You must have used an undocumented method to make it work. Can you suggest anything to me ?

kukdi

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

did your combination work? Please post so that I can do the same. Thank you

prokvm

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
I suggested ConnectPRO's UR-14+ with USB DDM technology which 100% mapping USB mouse/keyboard to each connected systems independently. This is the only KVM technology did not use "emulation" technology which is somehow having some compatibility issues with some USB devices no matter how good the "emulation" engine the KVM switch has.

I tested many wired and wireless keyboard/mouse with the UR-12+ ad UR-14+ since 1/2010. So far, we did not find any mouse or keyboard can not work with the UR+ models (even some special gaming mouse/keyboards are also working smoothly). I think the USB DDM technologies do solve the long-pending compatibility problems between USB HID devices and different OS systems.

bugmeso

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

I am not seeing any audio connections when looking the ConnectPRO equipment.
I too am having a problem that I see everyone runs into. Wireless keyboard and mice do not operate with my Belkin F1DL102P.

G

I am using an IOGear KVM (GC5632U) switch with a Logtiech Wave keyboard mouse combo and have the receiver plugged into the mouse end. Everything works fine except the new Logitech keyboards don't have a specified Scroll Lock key. As a result you are unable to switch between your computers without an another keyboard. Try another KVM switch or add another keyboard.

GWRiderNW

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Hope this information helps.

For years I have run my logitech Cordless Keyboard and Logitech MX1000 wirelss mouse from a IoGear Extreme GCS1734. Then the keys started failing on my keyboard so I thought that I should be safe with a wired keyboard. I purchased the Logitech G510 Gaming keyboard as I could program macros for my script writing and did some gaming. (BTW, the G510 does have a scroll key, which was a big selling point to hook it to my KVM)

The G510 is awsome but when plugged into the IoGear KVM, the mouse stops working. Resetting and restarting did not fix the issue. I plugged the G510 into the spare USB port in the back of the switch and that seems to work but to switch systems, you have to always press and hold to insure that the USB ports switch as well and there is no keyboard switching. So much for having scroll key.

I can see where Logitech would find it more profitable if thier keyboards and mice did not work with KVMs so as to force you to have to buy more keyboards and mice but if they made thier own switch and supported it with thier products, it would be an instant winner if you asked me.

Moral of this story is that if you do change a component, make sure what you buy has a good return policy as if it does not work, you could go through lots of equipment finding the right match.

Status
Not open for further replies.