Question KVM Dual Display Port + Dual 2 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Thunderbolt™ 3 Ports

Motornerve

Commendable
May 8, 2019
SO! With this whole quarantine thing going on, I am trying to improve my productivity.

I have a home PC setup with a GForce Gtx 1070 with two Display Ports, which is connected to 2 LG 27GL63T-B.AUS 27" Gaming Monitors with G-Sync.

I also have a HP ZBook Studio G5 that has 2 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Thunderbolt™ 3 (DisplayPort™ 1.3). This is my work laptop.

The peripherals attached that I would like to use between the two are a Logitech wireless keyboard and a Logitech MX Ergo, which are connected with a Logitech Unifying receiver.

I wanted a way to basically set up a KVM switch/docking station setup, so I could use my work laptop on my two large monitors, with my keyboard and mouse, and switch back and forth easily. I don't mind keeping the laptop plugged into a charger, so this setup would nor require the KVM/Dock to provide power to the laptop.

I spent some time looking around on Amazon, and found a few options that looked promising, but I wasn't sure if they could handle this exact scenario. I am certain someone has already solved this problem, so I thought I would ask the community.

Motornerve

Commendable
May 8, 2019
Turns out the bets way to solve this problem in my case is with software rather than hardware. I downloaded google remote desktop, and made my home computer a headless computer, then hooked all my monitors and my keyboard to my work computer, and then remoted in to my home computer on one of the monitors.

I am still interested to know the best way to accomplish this with hardware.