[SOLVED] KVM Extenders

AngryMan1910

Honorable
Jul 4, 2015
Hi All
Can anyone tell me what I have and what I could use them for around the house.
A pal of mine gave me a Matrox XT02-F2208 and a PROXIME CE700AL usb kvm extender.
I am not really sure what they are used for.
Any ideas would be cool.

Cheers
AngryMan

Solution
Hi All
A pal of mine gave me a Matrox XT02-F2208 and a PROXIME CE700AL usb kvm extender.
Any ideas would be cool.

Cheers
AngryMan
Did your friend also provide you with the necessary host card for the Matrox ? The Matrox unit would allow you to have a remote CPU connected via fiber cable to the unit.
The CE700AL is 1/2 of a pair of units that allow VGA to be transmitted over cat5e. Did you get both units?

To me unless you have all the parts these are junk and should be sent to recycling.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi All
Any ideas would be cool.

Cheers
AngryMan
Did your friend also provide you with the necessary host card for the Matrox ? The Matrox unit would allow you to have a remote CPU connected via fiber cable to the unit.
The CE700AL is 1/2 of a pair of units that allow VGA to be transmitted over cat5e. Did you get both units?

To me unless you have all the parts these are junk and should be sent to recycling.

Solution

AngryMan1910

Honorable
Jul 4, 2015

Only got half so think its junk lol.
Thanks for the quick reply any idea what the other bit of kit is?