KVM switch problem

Hi im using an ATEN 2 port USB switch i just bought recently (CS-62U).
Ive got 2 computers hooked up to the switch but for some strange
reason, the mouse and keyboard works sluggishly on one of the comps.
The kvm works fine on the other comp tho. Both comps are on WinXP sp2
so driver-wise they are quite similar i think.

Anyway the build for the comp that works :
P4P800
Intel 2.4C
512 Ram
Radeon 9800SE
Winxp sp2

the build for the comp that has sluggish mouse/keyboard performance
:
Shuttle pc SN25P (Nforce4 mobo)
AMD64 3.2gig
1gig corsair
Leadtek 6600gt
winxp sp2

What i mean by sluggish is that the reponse time for the mouse and
keyboard is extremely slow. When i move my mouse, it only shows that
movement on screen 2 or 3 seconds later.

Any idea why?
Thanks in advance.

jad

I go with the cable idea..... damaged in some way

sede8 wrote:
> Hi im using an ATEN 2 port USB switch i just bought recently (CS-62U).
> Ive got 2 computers hooked up to the switch but for some strange
> reason, the mouse and keyboard works sluggishly on one of the comps.
> The kvm works fine on the other comp tho. Both comps are on WinXP sp2
> so driver-wise they are quite similar i think.
>
> Anyway the build for the comp that works :
> P4P800
> Intel 2.4C
> 512 Ram
> Radeon 9800SE
> Winxp sp2
>
> the build for the comp that has sluggish mouse/keyboard performance
> :
> Shuttle pc SN25P (Nforce4 mobo)
> AMD64 3.2gig
> 1gig corsair
> Leadtek 6600gt
> winxp sp2
>
> What i mean by sluggish is that the reponse time for the mouse and
> keyboard is extremely slow. When i move my mouse, it only shows that
> movement on screen 2 or 3 seconds later.
>
> Any idea why?
> Thanks in advance.

Have you swapped the cables between the computers? Have you checked for
sources of interference? Are you using special software, like that
included for a wireless mouse and keyboard? And, most importantly, have
you tried a different mouse and keyboard?

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

I have had exactly the same problem with exactly the same setup!

This is what you need to do to fix it:

Attach a USB-HUB to the shuttlePC, it has to be powered with an
AC-adaptor, then attach the USB from the KVM-cables to the hub
instead of directly to the PC. Now it should work. This is because
the USB-ports on the shuttlePC doesn't have enough power to drive the
switch...

This worked for me and will hopefully work for anyone else having this
problem.

Regards
/Tobias