JB

What is the best KVM switch -- in terms of quality and features? I'm just
looking to switch between a Linux and XP box, and I have bluetooth keyboard
and mice.

Belkin makes excellent KVM switches.

--
DaveW

JB wrote:
> What is the best KVM switch -- in terms of quality and features? I'm just
> looking to switch between a Linux and XP box, and I have bluetooth keyboard
> and mice.

Not having ever used bluetooth wireless, how does the receiver fit into
your PC? I haven't seen a bluetooth enabled KVM yet. The market seems to
support mostly PS/2 and USB models. I'm using a Linksys PS/2 (serial
compatible) 2-port KVM with my Logitech wireless freedom optical
keyboard and mouse between my linux (FC3) and XP (Home SP2) computers
and have been for years now.

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

gerry

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:05:18 -0600, "JB" <jbrandonbbremove@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>What is the best KVM switch -- in terms of quality and features? I'm just
>looking to switch between a Linux and XP box, and I have bluetooth keyboard
>and mice.

I'm using a Linksys branded KVM switch and it works very well, except
I find the built in cables are a bit short and make the whole thing a
bit clunky. It doesn't like to stay in place on my desk.

I think a solid switchbox on the desk with detachable cables might be
a better way to go.

JB wrote:
> What is the best KVM switch -- in terms of quality and features? I'm just
> looking to switch between a Linux and XP box, and I have bluetooth keyboard
> and mice.

I'd check before buying anything that it will work with Bluetooth. I
think Bluetooth needs an OS that has bluetooth drives which a KVM switch
probably won't have.