[SOLVED] kvm usb hub swich [problem]

talptz

Prominent
Dec 1, 2020
hii i wasent sure if my topic is related to this sub forum as i ask about somthing that buffer numbers things hope its ok
any tips wold be appricate

so i got a swich kvm usb hub to connect 1 keyboard and 1 mouse
to two difrrent devices
(1) desktop pc
(2) laptop

so the problem is when i swich from (1) to my (2)
it work fine on the laptop no matter how many times i swich back & forward but the problem
is my desktop pc after i swich back from the laptop it wont Identifies the computer

so i did try few fix i sew online but currently no one has worked so far
fixes that i try:

kvm swich hub:
  1. swich the cables from the kvm ports between the laptop and desktop pc to identify if its the cable.
  2. swich the ports on kvm usb hub to identify if its the ports on the kvm.

desktop device manger:
  1. in the devicce manger under universal serial bus controllers : un-check evrey one that have the opsion "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  2. updated evrey singel of them

not any luck with this problem so if you can think on anything else il be happy to try

so i started to think is maby in the bios just for refernce i got gigabyte z390 elite (rev 1):
i dont really know what to check there and evrey manufacturer calls settings by another name
i did mange to finde 1 fix to another problem that i had:

when i shot-down the light on my custom loop blocks and evrey other rgb fan and psu screen stil was on even when the pc desktop was shot down so
i had evrey time Turn off the power psu manually it was related to the "Erp" settings in the bios was disable

Solution
Reference:

"b) no frozen if i have a secoend muse that conncetd to my desktop he move as normal not any isue its onley the keyboard and the mouse that connected to the kvm-swich. "

Do I understand correctly that the desktop has two connected mice? One directly connected to the Desktop and a second mouse connected via the KVM? At the same time?

Disable the second mouse directly connected to the desktop. Unplug thereafter.

Double check that the Desktop mouse driver is fully up to date with respect to the common/shared mouse connected to the KVM switch.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"my desktop pc after i swich back from the laptop it wont Identifies the computer".

Any error messages or pop-up windows? Or just a frozen and/or blank monitor screen?

What make and model KVM switch are you using?

Make and model monitor: What video connection type?

Do the desktop and laptop use the same video connection type? For example both output HDMI to the KVM switch and the connection from KVM to monitor is also HDMI.

What do you have to do to get the computer [desktop] to work again? Do you shutdown or restart the desktop? Or do something else?

talptz

Prominent
Dec 1, 2020
This:

1) "my desktop pc after i swich back from the laptop it wont Identifies the computer".
so it have a A button that switches between profiles
i think the button its used like a funcaion that plug and unplug the devices from the pc and swich them back and forward
in my case keyboard and mouse
so when im at the first profile that concect to my desktop pc it work fine but after i swich it to the seceond profile my laptop and swich
back to the desktop it wont work like the desktop pc cant recognize the concation went back from the laptop

(as i wanna Note the above does not happen on a mobile that continues to re-identify the connection no matter how many times I switch between them)

2) Any error messages or pop-up windows? Or just a frozen and/or blank monitor screen?
a) im not getting any mesgess just the sound effect that hepend when you connect new device (but it may related to that my laptop and desktop connect to 1 mixer so im able to get sound from both of them at the same time).
b) no frozen if i have a secoend muse that conncetd to my desktop he move as normal not any isue its onley the keyboard and the mouse that connected to the kvm-swich.
also its a one kvm witout a hdmi ports the reaseon i order this one its that i can play singel games at my main and at the same time when i take a litel break i wil be able to lisen to music or wach a youtube for example

Without the need for a mouse and keyboard separately for each device.

3)
What make and model KVM switch are you using?
the model is:
UGREEN USB 3.0 Switch Selector 4 Port 2 Computers like that one from amazon

4-5) are not related to my swicher cuz it not use a hdmi

6) What do you have to do to get the computer [desktop] to work again? Do you shutdown or restart the desktop? Or do something else?
just to restart the pc and need to be sure that im on the destop proflie in the swich

really appricate your time and affort for helping me with that

Ralston18

Titan
Reference:

"b) no frozen if i have a secoend muse that conncetd to my desktop he move as normal not any isue its onley the keyboard and the mouse that connected to the kvm-swich. "

Do I understand correctly that the desktop has two connected mice? One directly connected to the Desktop and a second mouse connected via the KVM? At the same time?

Disable the second mouse directly connected to the desktop. Unplug thereafter.

Double check that the Desktop mouse driver is fully up to date with respect to the common/shared mouse connected to the KVM switch.

Solution