KVR667D2/1GR

G

I came across a chip that is still in the case and has never been used. I spent hours trying to find out what type of slot it fits. It has a Kingston sticker and is in the value ram product line I guess (KVR667D2/1GR). That is the exact number on the sticker. The sticker also says 1.8v so I know it isnt a DDR stick. All the chips on the stick are stamped with the Kingston logo.

The slot on the stick is offset from all the other 240 pin RAM I have ever used and when you line up this sticks pins with another PC5300 "standard" stick (pin side to pin side), the pins on the KVR667D2/1GR hang over just a hair on each side. The slot/key on the chip is also out of line by less than a quarter inch when you line them on top of one another.

Under a magnifying glass, the pins on the KVR667 also look just a hair thinner. The overall height of the KVR667 is quite a bit shorter than any stick I have ever seen - under 3/4in and the individual chips on the stick are not even half as tall... same width though.

I found pictures of ecc and non-ecc sticks but I couldnt really find a concrete correlation to this one but I did see the difference in the picture of the two examples.

I compared pictures of DDR2 chips to DDR3 chips and didnt see anything that indicated that these are DDR3. I thought maybe the sticker on the chips might be wrong and its not DDR2 but DDR3.

I scoured the internet and found nothing that even looks like the layout of this stick. Furthermore, Kingstons own site does not have the EXACT "KVR667D2/1GR" listed on their site. They have some that are similar but not exact. You can google the number and you can find sites that list that exact number but they look much different. They all also say they are DDR2 but the slot/key isnt in the same position.

I dont know where I got this stick but am interested to find out exactly what it is

RayEL

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Kingston KVR667D2/1GR is a retail package of Kingston's ValueRAM DDR2 memory. It is a very short in height stick, but is standard DDR2 memory. I have just purchased one to upgrade a system, and the memory is short in height but is the full length and pin out for DDR2 slots.

Hope that helps.
Ray