Kword PC160 2T BSOD on channel search

meberem

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Hello again,
I have the above card in my system and during channel search for Windows Media Center it will reach 98% before giving a BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have debugged the crash files and they all point to VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT being caused by USBPORT.SYS. Initially i thought it could have been a usb controller but i have set the media center to scan and removed all everything from the USB ports and i have just gotten the same error.

This occurs under Vista & Windows 7 tried and tested with windows default drivers, CD drivers and the latest updated drivers. I am really confused as to why this is occuring and would really like it fixed. If any of you can help i would be very grateful. I can attach the minidump if it helps?

Thanks a million,
Meberem

Solution
Hi Meberem,

I've seen this problem twice with these cards and both times it was caused by the card not quiet seated properly in the PCI bus.

-Kev

Cagey1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Hi Meberem,

I've seen this problem twice with these cards and both times it was caused by the card not quiet seated properly in the PCI bus.

-Kev

Solution

meberem

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for the tip, this was a while ago i tried reseating it and just using it alone, i sent it back to where i bought it from in dispair and they found that the card was faulty. Thought i closed this. Thanks for trying to help though