Kyocera Announces Rugged 'Torque' And Solar-Powered Smartphone Ahead Of MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillman Jack

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
Yeah, I already have the "Torque", except mine is called a "Brigadier", and is a Verizon exclusive. Let's not be pretending this is a brand new phone, it's been out for a while under a different name.

That said, it's an incredibly tough phone. I my own stress tests that I've subjected the phone to, I've put it through a commercial dishwasher, a rock polisher, ran it over with my ATV, and have taken it white water rafting and kayaking, completely unprotected in my pocket. Sucker is still going strong, with barely a scratch on the plastic, absolutely no screen damage, and is loud and responsive as ever. If you live a rough life, I highly recommend this phone.

Hillman Jack

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
Wait. After reading the article, and checking Kyocera's website, there appears to me something amiss here.

You keep calling the phone "Torque" (E6715), yet you list the specs for the "Brigadier" and "Durascout" (E6782). So which is it? They are completely distinct and individual products, they even operate on different radio bands!!

I expect more accuracy from Tom's.

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

Samsung S5 Active Rugged phone is there and it sacrifices nothing ! 100% Samsung s5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts