'L.A. Noire' Heads To Current-Gen Consoles, HTC Vive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Great! I just hope that they fix things to ALLOW USERS TO SKIP THE DARN REPETITIVE PARTS LIKE CUT SCENES AND DIALOG WE'VE HEARD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN - the lack of being able to do so made me stop playing the PC version because it got so frustrating and repetitive.

Which is a real pity since it's such an amazing and absorbing game.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Brilliant game. Was hopeful for a sequel years ago, but that went out the window when the sub-studio got shut down.

And considering how long it takes Rockstar to put anything new out (other than moneygrabs like GTA5 online) my guess is that this franchise is least on their radar for a new adventure.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"Can we get a version on PC that's not buggy AF?"

I cant remember any major bugs in the later builds, but the 30fps (with vsync on) is a major annoyance, IMHO.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
That game was amazing. I wish other games had the facial animation like LA Noire. They were ahead of their time and went under as a result. Too bad game developers who try to push ahead of the status quo end up disbanded or bankrupt. The regular COD player won't try new types of games.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I totally agree with daze9900. Go play it again and see if it's as clean as you currently remember. :-(

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"I totally agree with daze9900. Go play it again and see if it's as clean as you currently remember. :-("

I havent played in a couple of years, but I did play through it completely about 3 times total, and I cant remember a bug that broke any of the playthroughs, TBH.

alex.landais

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
^ Yeah the whole experience on PC wasn't enjoyable for me with the mentioned 30 FPS lock and social club issues in the beginning. I wasn't able to even really play it until several graphic cards later.Even my current rig Rx 480 8GB and i5 7600 it doesn't seem to run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.