L.A. Noire Specs for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

minanasery

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Hi everyone !!

I heard L.A. Noire will be available for PC Gamers this fall..

I just want to ask about the specs for PC (Recommended will be better)

Thx :)

Solution
This is a hard question to answer since this all basically guessing.

but what I've seen if they don't improve the graphics for L.A Noire (Textures, Shadows, Etc) it's going to be of a CPU intensive game because of the motion capture.

I believe your setup should do fine,
The only thing i could think that would help possibly would be overclocking your CPU even more (but I don't suggest this because your overclock is pretty good,) and a better graphics card could help.

Now don't do these actions immediately because again this is just a guessing game. if you need a new GPU when the game comes out then you'll buy one and say while it's shipping to you. You can play on lowered settings you know? Also overclocking a CPU isn't to...

minanasery

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Gr8..But I want to ask u another question, as if this where the final recommended settings..

Do u suggest that I can play it with my settings with High settings ?

My Settings are :

PSU : Cooler Master eXtreme 600 W

Processor : AMD Phenom II x4 940 (@3.5 GHZ)

Processor COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper TX2

GPU : Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB

Memory : 1GB X 4 DDR2 RAM (@667 Mhz )

Another question : I've checked the graphics/physics engine of Mafia II and L.A. Noire on a youtube video comparison, but i coudn't find barely any differences except the video motion capture used in L.A. Noire..could L.A. Noire have the same specs of Mafia II on PC or It should be higher ?

I know It's a very early question, but I just want to make my decision to update my rig, or to leave it like that until GTA V :)

Thx alot :)

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
This is a hard question to answer since this all basically guessing.

but what I've seen if they don't improve the graphics for L.A Noire (Textures, Shadows, Etc) it's going to be of a CPU intensive game because of the motion capture.

I believe your setup should do fine,
The only thing i could think that would help possibly would be overclocking your CPU even more (but I don't suggest this because your overclock is pretty good,) and a better graphics card could help.

Now don't do these actions immediately because again this is just a guessing game. if you need a new GPU when the game comes out then you'll buy one and say while it's shipping to you. You can play on lowered settings you know? Also overclocking a CPU isn't to difficult spend an hour or so finding the next stable OC and that should help.

As for the Mafia 2 comparison I doubt the system requirements will be close for the simple reason I don't (My Opinion) is they've never done a PC game before, therefore the optimization won't be the best (not just saying this because GTA IV, because i know its a completely different company) I think it'll be more demanding.

In the end your setup looks fine, but what resolution 1080p? you should be good. at high settings, (not good with anti-aliasing though)

Have a good day/Night
-Clay Ness

Solution

minanasery

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
mmm, I'm running my pc on a SAMSUNG screen..It's a bit outdated but it does everything fine, It's SyncMaster 920N, and It's maximum resolution is 1280 x 1024..which I'm running at..And I'm not planing to change it righ now..But I'm planning to change the whole memory settings from 1 GB X 4 DDR2 (667 MHZ) rather to be 2 GB OR 4 GB x 4 DDR2 @ 1200 MHZ [8 GB / 16 GB DDR2 @ 1200 MHZ ]

Does that enough to be just playable ? or for a the High settings ? [Consider my resolution]

Thx, and sorry for disturbing you several times :)

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
For LA Noire I'm going to do the same thing I'm doing for Fallout: New Vegas. Wait for the bundle with all of the DLC like what happened with Fallout 3: GotYE. When they were talking about LA Noire on XPlay they said that in order to cut the number of DVD's down to 3 and Blu-Ray's (PS3) down to 1 they had to cut out a good amount of content; but not to fear because it would be released as DLC.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Okay Since your going to be playing at 1280x1024 your setup is really good, probably to overpowered for that resolution so i'm going to say your pretty set, if your gonna play at that resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.