Question L340 Ideapad - Noise sound (like a buzz)

Oct 14, 2019
Hi guys, I bought a L340 Gaming 15 IRH last week

But I'm worried because I hear a strange noise sound (I can only hear this noise sound in a quiet room or by putting my ear near to the left side of the keyboard) This sound is like a coil whine, the more I run heavy programs the more I hear that noise sound.

I have noticed that this noise decreases when I set energy saver (low performance)

This is what I hear: (this video was uploaded by another person but matches with sound I hear in my Laptop)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiBgNfO_t9g

My laptop has HDD (WDC) and SSD (Samsung) both installed

What could I do?

thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
To me that sounds more like the CPU fan running at full blast and that the impellers are brushing up against the chassis for the cooling fan. If you think this is coil whine, then you should most definitely bring Lenovo up to speed on the matter.

Some power related issues have warranted companies to recall their laptops and/or their batteries.
You could likewise see if you have any BIOS updates pending to work through and that you've installed all chipset drivers manually. Might also want to see which version of Windows 10 you're on.

Oct 14, 2019
To me that sounds more like the CPU fan running at full blast and that the impellers are brushing up against the chassis for the cooling fan. If you think this is coil whine, then you should most definitely bring Lenovo up to speed on the matter.

Some power related issues have warranted companies to recall their laptops and/or their batteries.
You could likewise see if you have any BIOS updates pending to work through and that you've installed all chipset drivers manually. Might also want to see which version of Windows 10 you're on.

Ok, actually I forgot to mention that the noise in my laptop is not as much as the loud of the one in the video, is lower but still kind of annoying when I'm in a quiet room.

I have already called to Lenovo support 3 days ago, they opened a ticket to check it but I haven't received a response, I think their customer service sucks and this will be very slow :(

Nov 24, 2019
Ok, actually I forgot to mention that the noise in my laptop is not as much as the loud of the one in the video, is lower but still kind of annoying when I'm in a quiet room.

I have already called to Lenovo support 3 days ago, they opened a ticket to check it but I haven't received a response, I think their customer service sucks and this will be very slow :(
Do you have received any response from Lenovo?
I have the same problem and I can't send my laptop easily to warranty service
Thanks