alexcoulter111

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018
Doing a mini-itx build in the FTZ01 and I am not sure whether an AIO would even perform better than a Noctua L9A. I am located in Australia where the L9A is $79 AUD. The cheapest AIO is the ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 at $69 AUD but I haven't really seen anyone using that brand. A Corsair H55 is $99 AUD, an H60 is $119 AUD and CM's ML120L is $79 AUD. I'm asking what solution would perform best in the FTZ01 out of the L9A and similarly priced AIOs or even other low profile air coolers. I am planning on OC'ing so I want the best performance for that.

Thanks in advance
Planned Specs:
R5 3600
B450 itx
16GB 3600
RTX 2080S
Corsair SF600
Crucial P1 1TB
2x Seagate 500GB SSHD
Silverstone FTZ01

Solution
That's a Raven case, I'd opt for the h55/H60 as they offer the chance to dump any heat directly out of the case. If funds allow, I'd go as far as replacing the stock cooler fan with a pair of Noctua nh-A12x15 slim fans in a push/pull on the rad, they won't need full speed that way and will be super quiet as well as affording excellent airflow. As an exhaust directly above the socket area, this'll also help a lot with VRM cooling. You can always flip the fan, use it in pull/interior config for direct airflow across the VRM's area if that affords even higher VRM cooling, which is important to Ryzen boosts.

The h55/H60 are 140w coolers, the l9a is a 65w cooler. Even with as good as that cooler is, the aios have superior capacity for...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's a Raven case, I'd opt for the h55/H60 as they offer the chance to dump any heat directly out of the case. If funds allow, I'd go as far as replacing the stock cooler fan with a pair of Noctua nh-A12x15 slim fans in a push/pull on the rad, they won't need full speed that way and will be super quiet as well as affording excellent airflow. As an exhaust directly above the socket area, this'll also help a lot with VRM cooling. You can always flip the fan, use it in pull/interior config for direct airflow across the VRM's area if that affords even higher VRM cooling, which is important to Ryzen boosts.

The h55/H60 are 140w coolers, the l9a is a 65w cooler. Even with as good as that cooler is, the aios have superior capacity for cooling and greater versatility with directional flow. Which you will need.

Solution

alexcoulter111

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018

The h55/H60 are 140w coolers, the l9a is a 65w cooler. Even with as good as that cooler is, the aios have superior capacity for cooling and greater versatility with directional flow. Which you will need.
I know they're "slim" fans, the Noctua ones, but do you think that to would fit?