[SOLVED] Label not found Windows98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2020
I have the following error message on boot to windows 98se "Label not found" Although Windows seems to boot fine but I'd like to know how to fix this.

Solution
I'm having trouble set up the audio . My drivers come on the following disc: "Legend -QDI Driver CD 2000 For VIA SIS AMD Chipset Mainboard v1.7 I believe the onboard audio should work in MSDOS.
No you will need a real dos driver, you can have a look here and try all the via related drivers but I very much doubt that you will get it to work.
Because not only do you need drivers but you also need to be able to adjust the sound irq from bios to the sound card and integrated cards do not have any irq settings.
http://vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=3&menustate=36,0

If your PC has an internal beeper/speaker you can use that as a sound option.

DosBox is still the best and easiest way to play old dos games.
Show a picture of it if you can and tell us at what point it comes up,I have never heard of this and if it is kind of specific than chances are you are going to wait a while before someone comes along that knows of it.
Explaining more of the issue will give us clues as to what it could be.

Jan 10, 2020
Show a picture of it if you can and tell us at what point it comes up,I have never heard of this and if it is kind of specific than chances are you are going to wait a while before someone comes along that knows of it.
Explaining more of the issue will give us clues as to what it could be.
I don't know how to post images in the forum. Also it may not be an error I just haven't notice it before. "Verifying DMI Pool Data..........
Label not found" comes up every time just before Windows boots up.

I'm having trouble set up the audio . My drivers come on the following disc: "Legend -QDI Driver CD 2000 For VIA SIS AMD Chipset Mainboard v1.7 I believe the onboard audio should work in MSDOS.
No you will need a real dos driver, you can have a look here and try all the via related drivers but I very much doubt that you will get it to work.
Because not only do you need drivers but you also need to be able to adjust the sound irq from bios to the sound card and integrated cards do not have any irq settings.

Solution
Jan 10, 2020

This is what the seller had to say from who I purchased the pc originally.
"A bonus also is you can switch on the onboard Soundblaster with DOS support f which adds the command lines in the autoexec file on start up great for retro gaming."
"A bonus also is you can switch on the onboard Soundblaster with DOS support f which adds the command lines in the autoexec file on start up great for retro gaming."

This is what the seller had to say from who I purchased the pc originally.
Did he tell you how to switch it on?
The VIA soundchip is definitely not soundblaster but if he has some special driver he would have to tell you.
Also are you sure there is no add on sound blaster card in your system?
Another option would be that the mobo has some sort of soundblaster emulation that you could switch on in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.