LaCie-2big network failure

RealMorion

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hallo All,
My configuration: LaCie-2big 2TB in Safe Mode.
One day I suddenly heard a noise of the disk and the front LED changed colour to red
and so did one (left) of the rear LEDs. Closing drive with the web administration
page has never finished. After an hour or so I switched it off manually removing
power supply plug (power switch didn't work). After power down and power on
again the front LED is off, right disks LED is blue and left - previously red - is blinking
blue and somtimes one can hear disk's heads are moving. After even 24 hours nothing
has changed. The situation is identical when left defective drive is removed or even both
drives are removed. It looks like the appliance is living its own life. There is no contact
with it by web and Network Assistance. It doesnt answer on pings. Resetting procedure
doesn't work. Do you need any suggestion what it means and wahat to do?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

mikerobski

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
I have exactly the same problem. This happened yesterday. I left the appliance powered down for the night. When I tried to plug it in this morning, nothing happens. It looks like it does not have enough power.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

RealMorion

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

I have no good news. Unhappily my LaCie-2big 2TB remained dead for the eternity ;). I posted it to the shop (the guarantee was still valid). LaCie gave me a new one "2big 2TB" (obviously they couldn't rapair it).
Reagards,
Jacek (RealMorion)

TRENDING THREADS