LaCie Shows Super Accurate IPS LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmokingman14

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
Geez! At a price that big, you would think they would go the extra mile and get OLED panels. They offer faster response, better color saturation, brighter screens and infinitely better contrast. Plus, given the fact that this is for high-end clientele, the difference between $1250 and $2500 really is not that much of a stretch.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]thesmokingman14[/nom]Geez! At a price that big, you would think they would go the extra mile and get OLED panels. They offer faster response, better color saturation, brighter screens and infinitely better contrast. Plus, given the fact that this is for high-end clientele, the difference between $1250 and $2500 really is not that much of a stretch.[/citation]

I agree with you there...

for that price, there should be more investment toward OLED...

we have OLED for smartphones and media players...

why not have bigger and better screen technology for computing and TV as well?

more OLED comes out, cheaper and cheaper the technology will be...

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
It's probably just me, but I can't find the size of the monitor in the article?

This thing has a nice wide selection of inputs. Very high end monitor.

Hothr

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
[citation][nom]lukeeu[/nom]It's 24 inch.[/citation]
Thanks. I was wondering. Funny how viewing area is both the most and least important spec.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Pass. I'll keep my LG W3000H 30" S-IPS Wide gamut monitor that was about the same price. Granted, I'd REALLY like to have the rotation feature in the mount; but you can replace the mount on any monitor with a vesa mount connector these days.

And what's up with the low res on a "high end" monitor. 1920 is just unacceptable at this price point.

ziomek

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
What happend to 30" monitors, 2007 had few coming out and since then they just went poof.... No one wants the 2560X1600 goodness? Right now theres only few makers who have updated their models since then. I can't believe 24inchers are so common but to get to the next step is like taking an arm off.

TheDane

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Heh! I paid about 1/2 that for my Dell U2410 with about the same specs (98% AdobeRGB), all kinds of inputs (incl. DisplayPort), pivot mode etc. And it comes with a factory calibration sheet.

eaclou

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
1. OLED at that size is still difficult and would be magnitudes more expensive currently.

2. Not to defend the price too much, but just want to say that monitor specs don't tell the whole story. This is definitely in a class above a Dell U2410. And higher % color gamut does != better.

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
That's great and all, but what kind of Delta E's can we expect here? For that price for a 24", it better come from the factory with a Delta E of < 2 with even lighting throughout. Otherwise, as mentioned, just stick with the Dell. Until I see someone critical review it, I'll hold off my full thoughts.

Separate note, you should probably mention the size of a monitor in a review. It's one of those key features...

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Typo!! I mean:
At that price range with CCFL backlight, I'll just wait until the next decade.

Hard to believe, so far HP Dreamcolor and Apple Cinema Display is the only choice for IPS LCD with LED backlight.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
All of you keep complaining that they are not using OLED, or a LED backlight, or else. They designed a monitor for the best quality possible for a price range with target specs in mind. What they ended up with is this monitor. Other technologies might not be up to par in quality or price range. Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.