Lack of Power?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Looks more and more like a bad install of the HSF. You have a one year parts and labour warranty, I'd call HP next. (If you break it, it is your problem... If HP tells you to break it, its their problem!

ericeagle92

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
HSF? I thought this was about my PSU becuase it ran out of power when running things that were too demanding. My Graphics card takes a lot of power when its working hard.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
PSU's work or don't work, usually. Usually, they don't make CPU's run hot. Your CPU is running idle temps that many people only hit under load. Ergo, you have a bad CPU cooling setup. Step next is to call HP 24 x 7 support, after all that's one of the reasons you got an OEM system, right?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Shouldn't really, have you run a realtemp / coretemp test offline to get idle temps and load temps? Hard to tell from your previous posts.

Not that it really matters, your PC is under warranty. Unless you have already violated your warranty conditions, it is really up to HP to advise the next step.

Well said. It's looking like one of those elusive problems, really. But if it is heat related, HP should be working on it anyway.