Question Lack of silent mode

Dec 25, 2019
I have got a custom fan curve installed on MSI afterburner and my GPU fan refuses to go below 44% and it is causing my pc to get unnecessarily loud. Whatever I do the fan speed will not go down, despite on the fan curve for the temperatures it is running at it should be at <10%. I have contacted MSI support and they have told me 'I'm sorry for your graphics card has no silence function, and the fan speed can't be below 44%.' I was just wondering if there is a way to change the minimum fan speed in the bios similarly to how they have in this video. I own an MSI GTX 1660 Ventus XS OC.

In advance, I thank you for any replies.

Ryan.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of MSI's afterburner are you working with? If you're seeing that the fan curve's(sans Auto ad a custom profile) don't change it to below 44% then it's possible that it's locked within VBIOS. What sort of temps are you dealing with when idling?

Mind sharing the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Dec 25, 2019
Which version of MSI's afterburner are you working with? If you're seeing that the fan curve's(sans Auto ad a custom profile) don't change it to below 44% then it's possible that it's locked within VBIOS. What sort of temps are you dealing with when idling? I have got the most updated version of MSI afterburner at idle I'm at the 25-32 range.

Mind sharing the specs to your build, like so:
CPU: AMD ryzen 2600
Motherboard: MSI tomahawk max b450
Ram: Corsair Vengence pro rgb 16gb
SSD/HDD: Adapta sx6000 xpg pro
GPU: msi gtx 1660 ventus xs oc
PSU: tx 550
Chassis: spec delta rgb