Apr 7, 2021
Hello all, and thanks in advance for the help. Bear with me, as this is my first AMD build and I’ve only just jumped into this rabbit hole of a hobby. I’m having an issue in which my system delivers performance which I would consider to be less than optimal, considering its theoretically calculated capability.

Running Modern Warfare (Regular Multi player) seeing about 60 frames per second average in game with a fairly large variation (40-70 fps) BIOS is in factory configuration (AMD over clocking is set to auto from factory) with drivers up to date. GPU drivers up to date. CPU drivers up to date. Windows 10 up to date. Is this normal? I’m not against OC if I have to, just expected the system to perform better than it is in a standard configuration.

Thanks again

System specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
-AMD Wraith cooler
EVGA RTX 2080 Super 8GB
16 GB RAM
ASROCK B550M AC
750 Watt EVGA PS

Last edited:
Solution
In BIOS enable XMP profile for 3600 MHz. By the way what is your screen resolution? In 4K resolution on RTX 2080 rarely goes over 60 FPS.

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA make a number of PSU's, what model is your EVGA PSU?

So you're on version 20H2 for Windows 10? If so, did you install all drivers relevant to your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? If the issue is with gaming, you can try downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia's support page, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot and then install the latest GPU driver in an elevated command.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Apr 7, 2021
EVGA make a number of PSU's, what model is your EVGA PSU?

So you're on version 20H2 for Windows 10? If so, did you install all drivers relevant to your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? If the issue is with gaming, you can try downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia's support page, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot and then install the latest GPU driver in an elevated command.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
I can’t remember which model the PSU is off the top of my head. I’m headed to work for the night but I’ll check in the AM when I return home. And yes, windows is completely up to date. I have not tried downloading the latest drivers as an elevated command but I will tomorrow. Bios version P1.70 is the most recent update. I can confirm that it is installed.

Apr 7, 2021
You sayd you have bios in factory settings, so i would guess you have XMP off and are running your RAM at stock speeds. Turn on XMP profile at bios
Will try this as well. Out of curiosity, the board supports 3200 mghz Ram, while the actual Ram supports 3600. If I enable XMP will the board just clock the Ram at 3200 or should I set the actual clock speed of Ram to 3200?