Abzaxi

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Hello guys, my friend have the following build :-
Intel i7-5930K
32GB rams
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980ti 6GB
SSD 250GB

While working on a 3ds max HUGE project, there is alot of annoying lag in the preview, am not talking about rendering, am talking about while working in the scene and forexample rotating an object and so on, there is so much lag its unbearable.

We checked to see if anything is hanging, the CPU is doing fine (around 20-30%), rams and GPU the same, there is nothing hanging. Temperature wise, everything is cooled and doing fine as well, yet there is LAG.

Software used either 3ds max 2014 or 2017. To make sure its not an HD thing, we made almost the same project on the SSD and there was still alot of LAG.

His windows is 10, and every driver is up-to-date.

What could be the problem ?

Lutfij

Titan
Could you clarify the scope of your project? I had a client build a few weeks ago upon which it's sole duty is for rendering and use of programmes like 3DSMax and Sketchup(as well as others) and when he put in a file he worked on in an older system it didn't even tax the system to a certain degree. In fact if you saw it with your own eyes you could see the GPU usage fluctuating from idle to load every 10 secs. The logical conclusion came from me was that the work was not done in an optimal fashion. There were a lot of unnecessary lines as well as the use of over the top texture files.

You forgot to include the make and model of your motherboard as well as the PSU's make and model. Please include them. We may find it helpful if you could tell us:
a| If the issue cropped up after a driver update
and
b| Where you got your software from?

*Define all the temperatures are cooled and fine...? Got numbers to prove this point?

TRENDING THREADS