Lag in all games

Solution
There are a couple of sites that are like speed test but for jitter. I generally do it myself with ping so I forget the web site...google is your friend :)
Games do not really care about bandwidth they use very little really. What they do care about is the quality of the connections and consistent timing between packets.

I will assume you are not running on wireless since this is a common problem there. Try to use one of the sites that measure jitter rather than bandwidth. You can also use the ping command and ping a common ip like 8.8.8.8 and manually look at your data to see if you are getting packet loss or large variations in the latency.

Game lag is caused by many things unfortunately and many games will blame the network when it is really something else. This gets tough to troubleshoot. You could I suppose load wireshark and capture all the data and see if you are getting random delays between packets.

MultiAnonymous

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

how would i test for this jitter you speak of..like is there a test for it?

MultiAnonymous

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

I have fixed my problem...new modem and router have done the job.. speeds are better http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6190013225 and no lag in any game.. i really appreciate you and your opinion on how to fix this problem..thank you