Hello, i have the following system:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X
COOLER: Corsair Hydro H100i
GPU: MSI 2080 TI
SSD: Corsair MP600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB DDR4-3600
PSU: Corsair RM850

Sometimes in Windows, I cant even switch between simple programs as task manager and chrome browser.
Other times i get very low FPS in games, example: Call of Duty - warzone. Reboot will most of the time give expected FPS.
I have just switched the motherboard, made the dual ram work.
I get ok scores in 3dmark and cinebench. I have tested with memtest, no errors.

Any one have ideas what to test/do?

Solution
Test with one of the kits of ram. Make sure to pick a kit so don't mix two sticks. And as answer mixing ram might be the problem, might be something else.

Did you check temps?

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
Mar 27, 2020
It just happened right now. Just installed a new game from steam. The settings menu opened and the computer started to become very slow and none responsive. Task Manager was open (performance tab).
Disk, CPU, GPU, Memory, Network: No one is using above 10%.
Any other clues to find the problem?

Mar 27, 2020
Latest bios installed.
RAM are 2 of these: CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18

2 x 2 x 8GB ram. (dual kit)
Could that be the problem?
Should I try to remove on of the pairs?

I am sure I already have the Corsair Toolbox installed and ssd updated with newest firmware. Will double check the health of the ssd again.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Current temp is as it says the temp right now.
Low temp is the lowest it has been which is (most of the times) at full idle.
Max temp is what it did under max load.

All this while hwinfo was running.

From what i know is max temp for a Ryzen 3900X 95°C, but from what i've read when somewhere over 70°C (~/>75°C?) it will about to begin throttling, which is lowering clocks to stay safe, don't know the throttle part for sure.

Can make a screen capture of hwinfo,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.
Can use the windows "clipping tool" to make shots of the parts you want to show.

Mar 27, 2020
Sorry. I can see my question was "stupid".

I know what min, current and max is. :)

My question was related to: Is 50°C low or high and similar. But you answered that.
I will have the hwinfo running for a time and will post the output later. Thanks again.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
How are the symtoms with just the one set of ram?

Values look good in that picture. Temps seem a little high, might want to test with a lower core voltage set,see if that helps, but needs stability testing. And don't know for sure this is your problem.

TRENDING THREADS