[SOLVED] Lag not sure what from, please help.

Feb 27, 2019
So the last year that ive had this computer its been lagging and i dont know how to make it stop ive done everything ive disabled super fetch and everything the heat is normal in my computer and i know its one of the components i think its the RAM thats causing the lag but im not sure. I got all my drivers updated and windows 10 is updated all the way and nothing is updating when i am playing these games like Apex Legends, and Fortnite, before this happened it was running perfect now it just wants to run slow and lag. It use to be way worse but then i took out a RAM and then turned on my pc then shut it off then i put the ram back in and it stopped lagging extremely bad to the point to where i couldnt even run games at all. Now, it just runs slow when im starting it up. Still lags but not extremely bad anymore.

EDIT:

HDD: one tb

RAM: 8 gigs

PSU: EVGA 550 b3

Graphics Card: GTX 1050 ti

CPU: Ryzen 2600

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!

Last edited:
Solution
Also, make sure things like xbox game bar and DVR settings are disabled in the xbox app. Make sure you don't have the disk defrag scheduler turned on. Other then that, do what they suggested and scan for malware and post pics of hardware monitor when the lag occurs.

And if you have nothing to lose, you could always try reinstalling windows. But that's more of a last resort.
Trying to understand the RAM thing - do you have one stick or RAM or two? Why did you take the RAM out?

What is your hard drive model? Is your hard drive activity light on all the time?

After running a good virus scan, if the issue is still present, take a look at resource monitor during the slowness. Posting a pic here would be helpful;

MisterMeow

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Also, make sure things like xbox game bar and DVR settings are disabled in the xbox app. Make sure you don't have the disk defrag scheduler turned on. Other then that, do what they suggested and scan for malware and post pics of hardware monitor when the lag occurs.

And if you have nothing to lose, you could always try reinstalling windows. But that's more of a last resort.

Solution