Lag Problem with FF14 that has been heavily troubleshooted with no problem found

Sep 3, 2018
Ahead of time, I would like to thank you for taking the time to look at this post. I expect it to be very long before typing it because of all the troubleshooting I have done, including from a forum post on here a month earlier and multiple forum posts on the SE forums trying to nail what it could be. That said, lets get started...

Following this, I will make a table of contents of sorts, titling each paragraph section to help navigation. I want to make this as organized and easy to get through as I can manage due to the length I expect it to be.

Background of problem:
Troubleshooting thus far:
Important SE Support mentions:
Computer Specs:
Additional Notes:
Problems looking to fix:
Closure:

Background of problem:
This problem began when I first tried Eureka, Anemos about 2 months ago. It was the first place I found myself lagging while doing NMs, high population battles of sort. I was told this place was rather poorly programmed and many players had lag problems here so I did not think too much of it. At points it got unplayable and seemed to get worse, so I started to try and fix it to no avail. I accepted that I would just have to deal with in, only in this place, or so I thought.

My mindset changed when I chose to take part in an Ixion Fate, same thing is the previous NMs, but it was in the actual server world rather than the instanced area of Eureka. My friend I was talking to said he had no problems at all, and each of his components were a downgrade of mine, thus I ended up making my first forum post here from that. From that post, I ended up finding that my graphics driver was heavily outdated, though that could have been from reinstalling. The update at the time had a problem with Windows but I eventually got it to install. The game ran perfectly for 2 days on Dx11 (Dx11 would lead to fatal errors around every 30 mins and have had to use Dx9 since I started, another problem I hope to fix). Right after I went to that forum post and said it was fixed, the crashes returned. Since I had already claimed it was solved, I did not want to reopen it and moved over to SE forums, which came from nothing. I also have had 5 different emails to SE support, trying everything they have mentioned to no avail.

It was about 2 weeks ago that I did the Fox Lady Fate, once again same as the previous ideas, but this time I ended up crashing right before it finished. I did not get the reward and it would have been my first time being able to clear it. Along with already being in a horrible mood, I lost it that night and started my current SE forum post, which is still active right now as I am using both to try and find a solution.

Troubleshooting thus far:

I will try my best to say everything I have done to attempt to fix this here. It will be clustered and hard to read, but I would rather not put each thing on its own line and make this post even longer in length, but can if requested:

I have: reinstalled the game 3 times, 2 times on the E: drive, 1tb SSD, and last attempt on the recommended C: drive 256gb SSD. It was a fresh reinstall and patch, only thing kept was the Documents folder for my settings. I have reinstalled drivers, closed any overlays, put boot file into Windows 7 compatibility as recommended, turned off my Overclocking program, and changed my internet explorer options to the support's recommended settings as well as cleared browsing history. My last attempt today was a clean boot of the computer and ran the game. Long story short, it still happened while every single thing that could be closed should be closed. Only things open was Steam, because it is Steam version. and NVIDIA settings as it did not show up in the task manager start up as an option to disable. Overclock program was manually shut off.

I have also monitored my temps, including while I was lagging today with everything closed. The average temps were 60C for my CPU and GPU never goes past 75C, usually around 60-70C itself. The only real thing to note from this is, when the game lags, my GPU drops from 60% usage to 20% usage, going back up when the lag ends.

Something I realized today and will mention is my GPU had a freakout 2 times over the last 3 months, last time being over a month ago. The power went out and my backup battery failed to keep that computer on. On restart, my monitor went into a seizure like multitude of colors when I launched ff14, around a minute after entering. Restarting left that with no problems and it has occurred one time since then, I believe just on desktop, which once again restarting fixed and has not occurred again.

Important SE Support mentions:

My last support ticket was interesting in that it focused on blaming internet rather than computer or game relations. This was the email that gave me the internet explorer options that I changed to, some that were not previously done. The final mention was that if it continued to happen, they said it was likely because of my internet. While my current internet is rather trash and often goes out here and there, I have had this problem for the last couple months, and I have used 3 different Internets in that time, the last 2 being very stable. So while I find this to likely not be the reason of blame, thought I would put it here.

Computer Specs:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel i7 7700k
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z270-P
RAM: 16 GBS corsair vengence
Power Supply: Corsair 850W
Storage: Samsung Evo SSD and basic HDD (256GB SSD for Windows and currently ff14/Skryim, 1Tb SSD for rest of games, previously ff14, 5Tb HDD for random, nongame related programs)

Additional Notes:

Edit 1: Another test of fresh installing GPU drivers and removing GPU factory overclock did not help.

Problems looking to fix:

What is causing my ff14 to lag and what is causing my Dx11 to have Fatal errors resulting in crash.

The ff14 problem seems to be one of 3 things, internet related, computer related, or game related. While that might be an obvious statement, I mention it with the intention of saying it does not seem to be a conflicting program or anything like that since a clean boot was done.

I also did not mention much about Dx11 simply because I have done the simple things of reinstalling GPU and keeping Windows up to date, which is all I have seen needs to be done for it to work as intended. Trying to reinstall it says it is already installed, so it is present without any doubt.

Closure:

While I did make this computer, I am not some super tech savvy person, I have used google to fix any problems I have had with my computer. That said, this issue seems to elude everything I try, and often seems to just get worse as I continue to try and fix it, thus I am making this post. I will gladly answer and questions you may have that I failed to mention.

I appreciate your time reading this lengthy post and will gladly take any suggestions of what could be causing this problem. I would be lying if I did not say I was utterly lost as this is the only game that has any problems of the sort, outside Skryim which I blame the modded inconsistency on. Once again, thank you for your time and any suggestions or help you provide.