[SOLVED] Lag spike without fps drop

Pazic

Commendable
Jul 1, 2021
I have been having lag spikes without fps dropping below 60fps. I have seen it prominently in DayZ but all other steam games as well. My GPU usage goes from 96%-100% with graphical settings being even being on medium. I don't have any viruses. When I got my pc a year and a half ago but this had happened to me when newly perchest. It was made at a pc shop where they make PCs for you but doesn't do any of the checky stuff that dell and other big brands do. I have replaced the CPU, motherboard, and fan at the start of this year but still the same problem

Specs:
I7-11700k
GIGABYTE Z590 GAMING X MOTHERBOARD
MSI GTX 1660 super
550w PSU
8x2gb 2666hz

Last edited:
Solution
That's definitely a poor quality PSU from Thermaltake, if I'm not mistaken. Usually not recommended to use with any system equipped with discrete GPU. For iGPU systems you can install this, but for a dedicated gaming GPU you need to grab a HIGH quality unit. Don't skimp on the PSU, since this is the MOST important component of any gaming PC.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. I can't stress this enough.
That's definitely a poor quality PSU from Thermaltake, if I'm not mistaken. Usually not recommended to use with any system equipped with discrete GPU. For iGPU systems you can install this, but for a dedicated gaming GPU you need to grab a HIGH quality unit. Don't skimp on the PSU, since this is the MOST important component of any gaming PC.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. I can't stress this enough.

Solution