Question lag spikes and stutter after power outage?

_D34D_

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
power went out 2 nights ago, when i turned pc back on in the morning everything seemed fine until i launched a game. my framerate was normal except for a stutter/freeze every half second. it happens in every game and i have no idea what to do about it.

my pc is plugged into a surge protector and my graphics drivers are up to date

View: https://imgur.com/a/tz35QDe

link to my frame time clearly showing the spikes

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Use DDU to uninstall your all GPU drivers(outside of AMD as well), then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

_D34D_

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Use DDU to uninstall your all GPU drivers(outside of AMD as well), then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Ended up just reinstalling windows and my problem went away. Not exactly a proper fix but I'll take it

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Actually, a corrupt OS or corrupt drivers can cause lag spikes. Just o add-on, troubleshooting is a process of elimination until you're left with a logical conclusion. Good to know you've found your solution...you should be on your way with stutter free gaming!

I did nothing, just tried to help ;)