Question Lag spikes due to CPU throttling

Jun 12, 2020
Hey guys, I just helped a friend put a 1050 Ti in an old asus PC of his that had an AMD A10 6700 APU, we installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new SSD and when he plays CS:GO he gets over 100 FPS, but gets random lag spikes but the frame rate isn’t dropping, and the CPU is at 100%. I’m not sure what the problem is, as I would assume a quad core cpu at 3.7GHz wouldn’t have any issues with CS:GO on low settings? Nothing else was running at the time. Please let me know what you think.. thanks!

Hey guys, I just helped a friend put a 1050 Ti in an old asus PC of his that had an AMD A10 6700 APU, we installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new SSD and when he plays CS:GO he gets over 100 FPS, but gets random lag spikes but the frame rate isn’t dropping, and the CPU is at 100%. I’m not sure what the problem is, as I would assume a quad core cpu at 3.7GHz wouldn’t have any issues with CS:GO on low settings? Nothing else was running at the time. Please let me know what you think.. thanks!
How much RAM is in there ?

HamsterKing

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
have you check if your CPU cooler is working? recently i have this problem too but its the AIO pump that is giving the problem

Jun 12, 2020
have you check if your CPU cooler is working? recently i have this problem too but its the AIO pump that is giving the problem
The temps seemed fine when I checked last, but that was just playing CS:GO, but I can put it through a stress test and get some better results and see if that may be the issue.

TRENDING THREADS