Question Lag Spikes/Frame Drops in some games but not others

OhFuji

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
hey, my specs are gtx 1070, i7 6700k 16gb ddr4 ram 1tb 7200rpm hardrive 430watt bronze power supply.

i frequently get fps drops/lag spikes in games but not others. for an example i get them in minecraft, rust, Swtor, Pubg, Mordhau. but my other games like Star wars battlefront 2, rocket league, rainbow six siege run amazing. in all games i get loads of fps. always above 100 in all games. but witht he first ones and probably more if i installed others. get lag spikes and frame drops. anyone know the issue?

It can depend whether you're playing online or with lots of mods.

The 1070 supposedly requires roughly 500w total system power, but it really comes down to whether your PSU can produce 26 amps continuously. Most 430w PSUs with an acceptable level of quality put out at least 30 amps.

Out of curiosity though, what brand and model of PSU are you running, and how old is it?

OhFuji

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
It can depend whether you're playing online or with lots of mods.

The 1070 supposedly requires roughly 500w total system power, but it really comes down to whether your PSU can produce 26 amps continuously. Most 430w PSUs with an acceptable level of quality put out at least 30 amps.

Out of curiosity though, what brand and model of PSU are you running, and how old is it?
i have no idea. i just opened my pc and it says bronze 430 watts.

im about to order thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073GY89G5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1 or will i need a better one?