george.tancre

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
Specs are
1080ti gpu
I9 9900k cpu
32gb ram
250gbssd/2tb hdd
I’ll be playing world of Warcraft at a reasonable FPS of 60+ depending on the area I’m in and out of nowhere the game will drop to 20fps for 2 seconds then go back up to 60+. Does this have to do with my PC? My PC is brand new and everything seems to be working properly besides this lag spike happening(not too often but perhaps once ever 1-2 hours).

Solution
If you are using any addons like Details and Weakauras etc then remove them all. See if that helps for the FPS drops.

As for the lag spikes I would check if you have anything auto updating like PUGB etc that is eating bandwidth. Anyone else on your network streaming Netflix or something that would use a lot of bandwidth?

If you are using any addons like Details and Weakauras etc then remove them all. See if that helps for the FPS drops.

As for the lag spikes I would check if you have anything auto updating like PUGB etc that is eating bandwidth. Anyone else on your network streaming Netflix or something that would use a lot of bandwidth?

Solution

george.tancre

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018

ok i will turn off the addons and see if the fps drops continue, if they do continue what would you suggest? also im sorry, by lag spike i was referring to fps drops, didnt know lag spikes meant something else

george.tancre

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018

ok will be back if i experience any fps drops, havent so far.. also im at full ultra settings and running res at 3440x1440 120 hrtz