Lag spikes, most likely router, troubleshooting.

Feb 18, 2018
Hey!

Lately i have gotten lag spikes when playing games. LoL, PUBG, OW. These games show no sign of drops in frames or in MS. It's more of disconnect. As characters keeps running in the direction they are facing, for about 3-5 seconds, and then im "reconnecting". This problem usually occurs in intervals from 2 to 10 minutes. Sometimes less often.

I tried to connect my PCs ethernet directly to the wall, which worked flawlessly. This made me pinpoint the problem down to the router being the problem. I therefore tried to change ethernet cables, reboot it, put it into factory defualts, and download the latest firmware. None of these helped or made any difference.

I tried pinging for packet loss, im not compleatly sure as im a bit new to that, but i didn't seem to find any packet loss. I pinged quite some times through cmd, but also through my routers settings.

After that i tried to play some of the games i typed above, and having my task manager on the other monitor to keep track. And whenever i get the spikes, my Ethernet turns to "no connection" for the duration of the lag, and then back to the ordinary numbers.

Now i don't really know where to go from here, as i feel like i've been trying alot of stuff. So now im here, asking you guys.

Lastly i wanna add that i don't think its gaming related, it's just that it's not noticable when streaming youtube or doing less heavy stuff. I got 100/100 up/down, when doing speedtest im almost always at 90-95, but can dip to 85~.

So, i leave my specs down under. If there is anything else that i have left out feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Router: Tp-link Archer C2 Ac750
Firmware: 0.9.1 4.2 v0032.0 Build 160706 Rel.37961n

Even though i don't think pc specs would mather, i throw them in incase im wrong.
i5 6600k
ASUS GTX 1070
Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3
16GB ram
850 EVO 500GB
Windows 10

Solution
So i researched a bit. And im still not sure compleatly sure what caused the problem. But i followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/601h4e/potential_fix_for_rubberbandingpacket_losslag/

And now the problem seems to be fixed. I didn't think it would be something regarding my PC because of how it worked when i bypassed the router. But i guess the overclock on my CPU might of been a part of the problem. The "advanced settings changes" in the guide was what removed the problem.

Problem solved.
Feb 18, 2018
So i researched a bit. And im still not sure compleatly sure what caused the problem. But i followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/601h4e/potential_fix_for_rubberbandingpacket_losslag/

And now the problem seems to be fixed. I didn't think it would be something regarding my PC because of how it worked when i bypassed the router. But i guess the overclock on my CPU might of been a part of the problem. The "advanced settings changes" in the guide was what removed the problem.

Problem solved.

Solution