Question Lag spikes.

Apr 20, 2019
I recently built my 1st build. Basically i transplanted the i7 4790 3.6ghz, 8 gigs of ddr3 ram and the hdd into a new pc.
Now when i play games, I start to notice weird lag spikes.

For example, when i play league of legends, when i come near an enemy, i get these weird spikes. It basically looks like my gpu is skipping frames.
It says my fps is good, but i still get spikes

I have also noticed that webpage loading and other tasks take a bit longer now.

Also, my gpu starts off with like 240 fps but it eventually comes down to the 150-190 range

Could it be that my cpu has slowed down?

sorry to bother, but do you have an answer?

Unfortunately no, I'm not quite sure where the problem might be. It could also be related to the game itself, which is LoL. Have you tried doing a CLEAN GPU driver re-install ? If need be, install a FRESH copy of the OS as well. Are you using the LATEST GPU drivers ??

Your problem might also be related to Windows 10 OS or Network issues, since the latest patches have been very unstable and buggy. Just my guess though. But, if other games are NOT giving any kind of lag, then you can rule this out. Many users have been facing Windows 10 lag in online games which they don’t even know of.

Try the following workarounds......One of the most obvious ways to stop lagging in Windows 10 is by working around the way updates are being downloaded and installed on your computer. DISABLE all automatic updates, if possible. Try to change the setting, which allows you to manage how Windows 10 updates are going to be installed, and at which frequency.

ALSO, framework problems behind the Steam Client Service might also make your Windows 10 laggy. This application is mainly responsible to monitor and update necessary steam content on a constant basis. But in Windows 10, this steam client feature isn’t working as intended, and may lead to heavy LAG during an online game. Dota 2 and CS:GO players are more prone to the issue. You can manage the Steam Client Service by following the steps mentioned below;
  • Open Start Menu and search for “View local services”
  • Among the huge list, search for “Steam Client Service” and then right click to go to its Properties
  • Change the startup type to Automatics and then Stop the Service Status activity for a few moments.
  • Click on Start again
The Local Services and Steam Client Service window will look like this;

nfEnQW8.png