Pazic

Commendable
Jul 1, 2021
In games i have lag spikes without fps drop. Sometimes it drops like 20fps but i mean it drops to 1 fps. This is only in games because while playing games my discord, teamspeak or youtube that will be playing in the background will be completely fine but it is only the game that gets the lag spike. This happened in all of the games I have played like Arma 2/3, DayZ, Battlefield 4/5, CrabGame, CK3, HOI4, Post Scriptum, etc. I have noticed that if I turn Vsync on it helps until but it has still been occuring. In DayZ my gpu goes up from 98% to 100% usage until I put Vsync on but the the lag spikes do occur mainly when fps hits below 60. It constantly happens when I am updating a game on steam and the usage on that disk drive goes to 100% usage. And if the map is freshly loading in the same thing happens when the disk drive hits 100% usage

Specs:
I7-11700k
GIGABYTE Z590 GAMING X MOTHERBOARD
MSI GTX 1660 super
550w PSU 80+ bronze Thermaltake Smart BX1
8x2gb 2666hz

Last edited:
Solution
In games i have lag spikes without fps drop. Sometimes it drops like 20fps but i mean it drops to 1 fps. This is only in games because while playing games my discord, teamspeak or youtube that will be playing in the background will be completely fine but it is only the game that gets the lag spike. This happened in all of the games I have played like Arma 2/3, DayZ, Battlefield 4/5, CrabGame, CK3, HOI4, Post Scriptum, etc. I have noticed that if I turn Vsync on it helps until but it has still been occuring. In DayZ my gpu goes up from 98% to 100% usage until I put Vsync on but the the lag spikes do occur mainly when fps hits below 60. It constantly happens when I am updating a game on steam and the usage on that disk drive goes to...
In games i have lag spikes without fps drop. Sometimes it drops like 20fps but i mean it drops to 1 fps. This is only in games because while playing games my discord, teamspeak or youtube that will be playing in the background will be completely fine but it is only the game that gets the lag spike. This happened in all of the games I have played like Arma 2/3, DayZ, Battlefield 4/5, CrabGame, CK3, HOI4, Post Scriptum, etc. I have noticed that if I turn Vsync on it helps until but it has still been occuring. In DayZ my gpu goes up from 98% to 100% usage until I put Vsync on but the the lag spikes do occur mainly when fps hits below 60. It constantly happens when I am updating a game on steam and the usage on that disk drive goes to 100% usage. And if the map is freshly loading in the same thing happens when the disk drive hits 100% usage

Specs:
I7-11700k
GIGABYTE Z590 GAMING X MOTHERBOARD
MSI GTX 1660 super
550w PSU 80+ bronze Thermaltake Smart BX1
8x2gb 2666hz
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors and the chipset in system device (if available) on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution