Lag USB mouse

MadDog215

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2012
I have a PC specification of: i5 2500k 4.5ghz, 16gb 1600mhz DD3 RAM G. skill Ripjaws X, 1 tb of western digital Caviar Blue, Nvidia gtx 760 4GB, Win7 64-bit OS

My problem is that whatever mouse I use it lags or pauses for 50 to 500ms and continues on the last stroke.

I tested all the mice I have (2 wired A4 mice and 1 razer ouroboros on wired and wireless mode) on all 6 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 on my motherboard.Still, I have the same results. The games I used are Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Guild Wars 2, Plants vs Zombies and LA Noire.

Somehow, I find this very strange as the random mouse lag happens only on games and not on Windows desktop or internet browsers. No FPS drop and loading times are still the same.

Opinions and Solutions are very well welcome, Thank you.

Remixex

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
Hmm strange issue i have suffered only on slow and old PCs, taking a couple of wild shots it might be the motherboard (less probable) or software related (more probable) by software i mean the capacity of your PC to fully recognize USB devices and drive it how it should be, can you test a pendrive or stress your keyboard in your PC? via USB of course, for example keeping a button pressed for a long time and see if all the characters appear at the same pace...but as i said these are wild shots, i have never heard of this issue on new PCs and my apologies if i am wrong (which is a huge posibility xd)

Good luck on your problem! i will follow this to see how it turns out, most of us learn here
cheers :D

MadDog215

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2012

There was no problem on my keyboard even it has lcd switches on I pressed and hold W S A D separately for 1 minute. Nothing is wrong. Any experience you have that you can relate to this?