Question Lag when moving camera/mouse

Madcow14

Honorable
Mar 5, 2016
I'm having trouble playing these games Outward, Strange Brigade. Whenever I move my mouse/camera in game it drops my fps to like 5fps from 60fps and I have noticed that my GPU Utilization drops to 0% to the normal usage of 98-100. I have reinstalled my NVIDIA Drivers using DDU. One thing that is making it more weird is that It only happens if I move my mouse/camera in game but when I do movement without moving my mouse it is playable without any frame drops.

PS: I tried running in-game benchmark with and without V-SYNC, it runs perfectly.
PPS: This problem only happens on these 2 games AFAIK, on other mainstream games It doesn't happen and It runs smoothly.

PC Specs:

Ryzen 3 1200 O.C 3.8ghz
GALAX GTX1060 GB
16gb RAM
500W EVGA PSU Bronze 80+
MSI B350M Bazooka.

If it only happens in those games, then you're probably running out of VRAM. When you move the mouse/camera, new objects come into view. The game has to load the textures for those objects, meaning it needs to read the textures off your hard drive/SSD. Meaning the GPU has to wait until those textures load. In-game benchmarks typically don't have this problem because they pre-load all the textures needed for the benchmark into VRAM.

Try bumping texture quality down one notch to reduce VRAM usage. That'll let the game keep more textures in VRAM at once, so it doesn't have to hit your HDD/SSD as often.

Madcow14

Honorable
Mar 5, 2016
If it only happens in those games, then you're probably running out of VRAM. When you move the mouse/camera, new objects come into view. The game has to load the textures for those objects, meaning it needs to read the textures off your hard drive/SSD. Meaning the GPU has to wait until those textures load. In-game benchmarks typically don't have this problem because they pre-load all the textures needed for the benchmark into VRAM.

Try bumping texture quality down one notch to reduce VRAM usage. That'll let the game keep more textures in VRAM at once, so it doesn't have to hit your HDD/SSD as often.

I actually tried lowering down the settings to the lowest and still this happens. I have played more demanding games than these 2 and I didn't experience things like this

Madcow14

Honorable
Mar 5, 2016

I am also experiencing while in loading screen it also happens the same thing 0% utilization 1 sec then goes straight to 50%. I am using MSI Afterburner