[SOLVED] Lag when on 100+ fps

NuclearBanana456

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
So I recently bought a GALAX GTX 980 SOC and I thought I would be getting good fps but when I launched games like Apex Legends, Warframe and Destiny 2 I lag like crazy even though it clearly states that I am on 130 fps. I put all settings to low but that still does nothing.

My Rig:
GTX 980 SOC
Cooler Master 400 watt psu
4 gig RAM
Windows 10 pro

By the way, I've seen a bunch of people play games like Apex with 4 gigs or RAM and have no lag at all.
But the thing is, as I've said before, it clearly states that I am on 100+ fps but I lag. No idea what's going on.

Solution
So I recently bought a GALAX GTX 980 SOC and I thought I would be getting good fps but when I launched games like Apex Legends, Warframe and Destiny 2 I lag like crazy even though it clearly states that I am on 130 fps. I put all settings to low but that still does nothing.

My Rig:
GTX 980 SOC
4 gig RAM
Windows 10 pro

By the way, I've seen a bunch of people play games like Apex with 4 gigs or RAM and have no lag at all.
But the thing is, as I've said before, it clearly states that I am on 100+ fps but I lag. No idea what's going on.
I've fixed it!!!!! Turns out network drivers can really mess you up😅 Thanks for helping though😅😂

NuclearBanana456

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019

My Rig:
GTX 980 SOC
4 gig RAM
Windows 10 pro

I know it's not ping either because on my
xbox, I play multiplayer all the time and there is no ping lag.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Uh-huh... and you have the same hardware and software setup as these people?
Just because they can do it, doesn't mean you can, should - or actually NEED to.

While you didn't post your full PC specs, both the ram and power supply are red flags.
-4GBs is just too low these days. I'm sure it was fine like 10 years ago. You've managed to skip the time 8GBs was 'good enough' - it's 16GBs now.
-There's no way that psu is going to last with a GTX 1080. It doesn't even meet the manufacturer's 500w recommendation, which is a little exaggerated for liability purposes.

Are you monitoring the following in game?
-cpu usage: you must monitor each core, because that's all it can take to become cpu limited.
-ram usage
-gpu usage

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, need a full list of specs. From the limited information provided, I'm with Phaaze here; the RAM is inadequate and pairing this GPU with that PSU is a very poor idea. Color me extremely skeptical about these people supposedly flawlessly running an open world FPS with only 2/3 of the system requirement for RAM.

NuclearBanana456

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019

My Rig:
GTX 980 SOC
4 gig RAM
Windows 10 pro

I've fixed it!!!!! Turns out network drivers can really mess you up😅 Thanks for helping though😅😂

Solution

TRENDING THREADS