Lag with new router in games?

ZachWS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
So about a month ago my family moved into a new home, and since we were moving we decided to get a new router, the RT AC3100.

Now when I play games on my computer, every 5 seconds I get around 300 ping for a short burst then it goes back down to normal. This is especially appeasement in Rocket League. Are there any settings on router.asus.com I need to change to combat this?

Also I have been using a A700 wireless USB adapter for intern, but the problems were apparent when since the new router so I don't believe that is it.

Thanks for any help you guys can give on this issue, it is really annoying.

You need to test via ethernet to see if the problem is wireless or something else. It is extremely common to have issue like this in games using wifi. This is why it is recommended never to play online games over wifi. Wifi is subject to interference from outside your house and there is little you do to correct it.

Still it does not pay to mess with any wifi setting until you know if it is a wifi issue or something else. It could be a problem with the router or internet.

TRENDING THREADS