Question Lagg 120 fps

jerfop12

Commendable
Dec 16, 2017
Hey,

I got a 180hz monitor with gsync., but when i play Fortnite and i go below 120FPS i got insane lagg, i can move but thats it, not enjoyable at all.
On nvidia config i got vsync on fast & gsync enabled.
Capped my FPS ingame on 177 so gsync works.

I've had this problem with my other 144hz monitor aswell (no gsync)
I literally tried everything, new pc, new monitor etc.
As soon as i go below 120FPS its TERRIBLE.

Does anyone know something? I've tried countless things.

jerfop12

Commendable
Dec 16, 2017
Which makes us wonder, what did you try?

Mind sharing your full system's specs? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor+resolution:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? What version of the OS are you on?
Tried multiple PCs to start with, multiple monitors aswell.
Current pc: i7 7700k, 1080ti, 16gb, 240gb ssd, 480gb hdd, 650w psu,
Monitor: acer predator xb241hbmpir

I replaced literally everything expect my mouse so far, new pc, new internet, new keyboard, new monitor.
I had this with my old 144hz monitor too, optix mag241c

Tried re-installing windows, drivers etc etc.
Im clueless

Xeroshock

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
So you've tried a different monitors and different systems.. If this is truly the case we'd have to point the finger at software? Maybe get in touch with the Fornite support as it's obviously not caused by your hardware unless all of the systems and displays you tried suffer from the same issues?

And what is the lag your are experiencing exactly? Is it input lag or game stutter? What does it look like? Lag is usually described when experience some sort of network connection issues.

jerfop12

Commendable
Dec 16, 2017
So you've tried a different monitors and different systems.. If this is truly the case we'd have to point the finger at software? Maybe get in touch with the Fornite support as it's obviously not caused by your hardware unless all of the systems and displays you tried suffer from the same issues?

And what is the lag your are experiencing exactly? Is it input lag or game stutter? What does it look like? Lag is usually described when experience some sort of network connection issues.
Everything just feels slow, input lag, micro stutters, not smooth at all with high fps