Question Lagging and absolute confusion. (Please help)

Jan 29, 2020
I’ve had an issue where my pc was lagging and the audio stutters, it was really bad, but after a while, my pc became lag free I’ve been so confused as to why this happens, my pc is windows 10 and please help this is also my first post, please forgive me for any problems I may have caused.

Jan 23, 2020
Here is some help if you need it

Open Task Manager and see whats either:

Consuming CPU,
Consuming Network.
or Cosuming Disk Activity.

For it to stutter it must have something running crazy ...

Here is a screen shot of the second tab on one of my systems. You can see my second hdd is maxed out but it still doesnt kill my system or make it stutter because the system disk is hardly being used, neither is the CPU, GPU or Memory

There are a number of things that can cause this, you need to find out one by one which its not until you find the culprit.

Untitled.png

Read all this and choose what order is applicable.

1. Do a thourough virus check, some viruses replicate hundreds of times. Some go about encrypting everything. There are plenty of checkers out there.
Whilst we are on the subject of virus checkers, make sure you dont have two or more virus checkers or malware tools enabled. As two with realtime scanning can conflict and start a kind of cpu battle which will also bring some sustems to a crawl.

2. Try unplugging the network or go to settings and disable the adaptor and see if the issue goes away. Networking can cause this, a bad ethernet cable, a bad Network card...

3. Run msconfig (Winkey+R, type msconfig), untick Load startup items. Reboot the system and see if its ok. This will not run anything else other than windows at startup, restore the tick after you tried. If everything was ok you can do selective start up from task manager and disable all items, then re-enable one by one until you find what it might be.

4. Its extremely rare for it to be disk fragmentation, but if you have an old hdd rather than ssd, you can always try that - probably not this though.

5. If you know what you are doing you can dissable non essential services from running from task manager services tab. If you dont know what you are doing leave this one alone.

hopefully you sjould have found the culprit by now.

Jan 29, 2020
Here is some help if you need it

Open Task Manager and see whats either:

Consuming CPU,
Consuming Network.
or Cosuming Disk Activity.

For it to stutter it must have something running crazy ...

Here is a screen shot of the second tab on one of my systems. You can see my second hdd is maxed out but it still doesnt kill my system or make it stutter because the system disk is hardly being used, neither is the CPU, GPU or Memory

There are a number of things that can cause this, you need to find out one by one which its not until you find the culprit.

Untitled.png

Read all this and choose what order is applicable.

1. Do a thourough virus check, some viruses replicate hundreds of times. Some go about encrypting everything. There are plenty of checkers out there.
Whilst we are on the subject of virus checkers, make sure you dont have two or more virus checkers or malware tools enabled. As two with realtime scanning can conflict and start a kind of cpu battle which will also bring some sustems to a crawl.

2. Try unplugging the network or go to settings and disable the adaptor and see if the issue goes away. Networking can cause this, a bad ethernet cable, a bad Network card...

3. Run msconfig (Winkey+R, type msconfig), untick Load startup items. Reboot the system and see if its ok. This will not run anything else other than windows at startup, restore the tick after you tried. If everything was ok you can do selective start up from task manager and disable all items, then re-enable one by one until you find what it might be.

4. Its extremely rare for it to be disk fragmentation, but if you have an old hdd rather than ssd, you can always try that - probably not this though.

5. If you know what you are doing you can dissable non essential services from running from task manager services tab. If you dont know what you are doing leave this one alone.

hopefully you sjould have found the culprit by now.
I tried most of what you suggested and to no avail :( I think it might be a hard drive issue, I’m also using a CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) 3825U @ 1.90 GHz and a GPU of intel (R) HD graphics. I hope my issue can easily be fixed..

Jan 29, 2020
Make a restore point and do a backup, the next update may make it necessary. When done go get a lottery ticket, luck may be on your side today!
update it didnt work! It seems like it’s a hardware issue instead, maybe there was some dislodge that interacted with either the cpu and gpu and affected the audio transmitter.... either way I’m don’t for welp

Jan 29, 2020
UPDATE I’ll probably be lynched for causing such a rukckas, but apparently it seems like my laptops battery wasn’t fitted properly, it was slightly dislodged from the main body of the laptop meaning it was hard to really know it was dislodged in the first place, but thanks for your guys support also explains why the audio was cracking and the pc being slower as there was less power being delivered to these components

TRENDING THREADS