[SOLVED] Lagging in Cold War with above minimum specs....

ricod306

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Good day

I have the following hardware:

Intel core i5 7500 3.4Ghz
16GB 2666Mhz DDR4
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
ROG STRIX GTX 1070
EVGA 600W 80+ PSU
Windows 10 64 bit (latest build)

I can get a semi 90 fps stable when playing cold war MP Zombies or campaign. Then after I close and open the game this is not the case anymore. The game really becomes laggy, almost dropping 15 - 30 fps while having volatile fluctuations between 25 and 55 fps. After I restart my PC then the game runs fine for roughly 2 hours and then starts dropping frames again like Eminem spits rhymes. Is my RAM starting to fail me, because I know the RAM clears when a PC restarts or what else might the cause be for this?

Solution
What is the model for your specific unit from EVGA? How old is the unit? I would advise that you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. You should also try and rule out your OS by making sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10, we're currently on version 20H2.

Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, download the latest from Nvidia and install the drivers manually as an Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the model for your specific unit from EVGA? How old is the unit? I would advise that you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. You should also try and rule out your OS by making sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10, we're currently on version 20H2.

Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, download the latest from Nvidia and install the drivers manually as an Administrator.

Solution