[SOLVED] lagging on games

Feb 27, 2019
my game takes up 100% disk and only has 20-30 mb on the disk everything else adds up to about 6mb THE MOST is it the hard drive/should I get a new hdd

Last edited:
Solution
Your 20-30mb of games is taking up 100% of the diskspace or do you mean the games are utilizing the disk at 100%.

Drives only really have two speeds: Busy and 'doing nothing'. They don't work or spin slower because you don't need the files as quickly so if you see something like 70% usage then that just means 30% of the time, the drive was doing nothing. So yeah, if your game is constantly reading from the drive, like an open world game, the 100% is completely normal. If your drive cannot keep up with the work then you might consider upgrading to an SSD.

popatim

Titan
Your 20-30mb of games is taking up 100% of the diskspace or do you mean the games are utilizing the disk at 100%.

Drives only really have two speeds: Busy and 'doing nothing'. They don't work or spin slower because you don't need the files as quickly so if you see something like 70% usage then that just means 30% of the time, the drive was doing nothing. So yeah, if your game is constantly reading from the drive, like an open world game, the 100% is completely normal. If your drive cannot keep up with the work then you might consider upgrading to an SSD.

Solution
Feb 27, 2019
can you have both ssd and hdd

could it be my ram because my disk in task manager is at 100%

and also my games like fortnite is taking up the space with only 20 mega bytes and my disk is at 100% by that one game taking up 20 mb//IT MAKES ME LAG BAD AND I CAN BARELY PLAY A GAME LIKE FORTNITE...
ill have 140-200 fps in fortnite and then it will drop down to 2-20fps and then go back up 200fps so whats wrong is it my ram... It started doing this a month ago and ive had it for 3

specs are

GTX 1050ti

Msi Bazooka

1tb hd

8g ddr4 ram//should I get 16g?

evga 550w power supply

Last edited: