Lagging really bad but i meet all the requirements Please Help

Keiserr

Reputable
Jan 31, 2017
So i bought the game Stranded Deep a few days ago because i know i meet all the requirements, but i still seem to lag really badly even with all the settings on low. I updated my graphics driver yesterday as well, These are my specs.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

These are the minimum requirements for Stranded Deep:
Processor: 1.8GHz Intel dual-core and above
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD5000 and later. Minimum 512MB

And these are the recommended:
AMD Phenom II X4 40 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 2GB Video Memory
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 6850

Solution
Hello. I do know what Stranded Deep is but I have not played it. Maybe, try going to Task Manager > More Details (if it wasn't on already) > Details, and - do not be shocked if you end this following process. Your desktop will turn all black and all open windows will still be open - you need to have Stranded Deep open before you do this. End process "explorer.exe" - and play the game, it might improve FPS. Why does this work you might be asking? Explorer.exe is your taskbar, background. You basically tell your system to end the background and taskbar tab. Your taskbar and background might take a mild amount of memory off your system. Which will free speed for games. Now, if you want your taskbar to appear again - no need to restart...

Dom_79

Distinguished
Stranded Deep is an Early Access Title and in it's current state it is very poorly optimized so some of this is to do with the game.

The developers "suggested" minimum and recommended requirements are not really accurate and don't reflect the current state of the game.
Your rig, while still decent is going to struggle with this game until the developers implement optimization and adjust the requirements to reflect the changes and additions that have occurred during development.

Hope this helps :)

Slow Pri

Respectable
Feb 29, 2016
I LOVE STRANDED DEEP.

Sorry I had to say that in caps. Amazing game. However, @Dom_79 is correct it is a early-access game. I'm averaging over 100FPS easily on Ultra settings. There really isn't a huge difference between medium to Ultra on that game so your aware, I can't see much improvement in graphics.

However, upgrading your memory & possibly the GPU if you wanted to max the settings out will be a-lot better performance. Personally, I'd dump a little extra in the memory and that should clear up the lag.

This is an early access game, so there a lot of bugs in addition.

Good Luck! :D

T0xizz

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Hello. I do know what Stranded Deep is but I have not played it. Maybe, try going to Task Manager > More Details (if it wasn't on already) > Details, and - do not be shocked if you end this following process. Your desktop will turn all black and all open windows will still be open - you need to have Stranded Deep open before you do this. End process "explorer.exe" - and play the game, it might improve FPS. Why does this work you might be asking? Explorer.exe is your taskbar, background. You basically tell your system to end the background and taskbar tab. Your taskbar and background might take a mild amount of memory off your system. Which will free speed for games. Now, if you want your taskbar to appear again - no need to restart. Just go to Task Manager > The first tab at the top > New Process > and type in Explorer.exe.

I hope this worked.

Solution