Lagging while playing Minecraft & Rome: Total War 2

SalvHD

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
What's up fellow gamer's so I recently just got a new computer.

The games that play fine are... Battlefield 4, Sniper Elite 3, FIFA 14, Assassins Creed: Black Flag, Sim City and Far Cry 3.

The 2 games that don't play fine are Minecraft and Rome Total War 2.

Minecraft: I can achieve 130+FPS but still lags, Even when turning all the settings down to minimal
AS for Rome: Total War 2, for me personally it's unplayable.

This is the system I have..

Motherboard: AsRock FM2A75 Pro4
Processor: AMD A10 6800k
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 1600MHZ
Graphics Card: Asus R9 270x 2GB

Would be much appreciated if anyone can reach out and give me some solutions or thoughts on the matter.

Thanks.

Solution
The main part in minecraft are the chunks. If you can turn them down to 5, which is enough believe me, it should really help.
As for total war: rome 2 it probably is because of the lack of power from the gpu. Because ive even seen the r9 290 lag a lot while playing the games on ultra so that could be the reason.

Y_u_be_like_dat

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
The main part in minecraft are the chunks. If you can turn them down to 5, which is enough believe me, it should really help.
As for total war: rome 2 it probably is because of the lack of power from the gpu. Because ive even seen the r9 290 lag a lot while playing the games on ultra so that could be the reason.

Solution

SalvHD

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Everything in minecraft is at the lowest, the chucks are at 5. Rome Total War even lags on the lowest settings.