[SOLVED] laggy and low fps but kinds of fixed, need bios help

jackcornblatt

Proper
Feb 6, 2019
hi so i the last few months ive been having problems with lag and stutter while having high fps but still fps would drop alot. I think i fixed this a little by putting on virtualization and speed step in bios but i still feel some stutter and also i get fps drops too. Any suggestions with bios settings that should be changed

CPU:8700k
MB: Asus Z390e
GPU: EVGA 2080 XC ULTRA
RAM: 3200mhz corsair RGB PRO 16 GB 2x8
SSD Samsung 860 Evo
Monitor: Asus mg248q
power supply: 750 gold evga

also asked micro center for a 50 dollar diagnosis and they said they couldnt figure it out or it was either my mouse and told be to buy a 150 dollar one or it was internet, i then had them rebuild a pc with new parts and paid them 140 but that was never the problem. Am i in line to ask for my money back ? i dont think they checked enough they told me all they did was stress tests

Solution
You asked them to rebuild your PC with new parts which is what they did -- hence the charge of $140. The fact that it didn't fix your gaming issues is just bad luck ---- they still did the work so you can hardly expect a refund.

Your 8700k could be bottlenecking the 2080.
You asked them to rebuild your PC with new parts which is what they did -- hence the charge of $140. The fact that it didn't fix your gaming issues is just bad luck ---- they still did the work so you can hardly expect a refund.

Your 8700k could be bottlenecking the 2080.

Solution