Laggy corei5 after windows 10 updated

Koyabult

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Hello.

Windows 10 updated.. Then boom! My pc became laggy and its a literal stop dance for every command that I do.

Google chrome takes 15 literal seconds to open.
Windows explorer takes 8 seconds to open.
Pressing the windows button, it takes 8 seconds for the menu to pop up!!
On boot, its quick. Until it asks for the password, wherein it lags! Im done typing my passowrd, and it takes around 7-10 seconds to respond..

The hdd light is just on.. As if the system is really busy, but nothings running!

Help please!

Pc specs

Core i5 6402p
H110m mob
8gb ram
Gtx 1060
Cx430 psu
128gb ssd
1tb 7200 hdd..

Koyabult

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Only the windows is in the ssd.. Everything else is in the hdd...

Its almost an entirely clean system.. Its barely a month old, windows 10 on ssd, win office, a couple of games, skype on the hdd...

Koyabult

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
The antivirus is thw windows defender only.. And nothing else was running other than the small background stuff...

I checked on which update was installed, i think this is the "anniversary update" 1607 version.. I read over other sites its causing a lot of problems here n there.. Some guys just rolled it back to the previous build 1511...

Koyabult

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

Can i get it directly from the microsoft site? I managed to roll it back to the previous build, and was able to change my connection from ethernet to wifi, so I was able to delay / manage the autodownloads while looking for a fix..