Question Laggy mouse movement after switching between programs

bryan1709

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Recently i just built a new PC and i have some issues with the laggy movement of the mouse. Here's my specification,
  1. mpg-z390-gaming-edge-ac
  2. i7-9700k
  3. RTX 2080
  4. 1x 16GB 2666 Klevv Ram
  5. Windows 10 64-bit OS, Version 1809, OS build 17763.503
  6. Razer Mamba wireless
Whenever i alt-tab between game and some other program like Google Chrome , Dota 2, or Whatsapp/Telegram my mouse movement becomes very draggy and laggy. Only after a while, then the mouse movement becomes smooth again. I have tried to have solution to this issues but i can't seems to find any. I don't have such problems with my older PC with the exact same mouse and my old PC's specs is way lower than the one i'm currently having. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://ibb.co/0rt0fbc

P.S: I have heard a lot about dual-channel ram and single channel ram which may be the cause of my issue? Since, i only have 1x 16GB, it probably means i'm on single channel. Do you think by getting 2x 8GB ram will be better than 1x 16GB ram and solve my current issue? As you can see from the benchmark image above, it isn't as high (green range) as i thought it is suppose to be.

RAM is not likely to be the case, espechially if that is the only current issue to the computer. Also the picture does indicates all is well.

I rather suspect some faulty GPU driver, or maybe the chipset drivers.

Does this happens for all games or just for one or a few ?

bryan1709

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
RAM is not likely to be the case, espechially if that is the only current issue to the computer. Also the picture does indicates all is well.

I rather suspect some faulty GPU driver, or maybe the chipset drivers.

Does this happens for all games or just for one or a few ?
It does not necessarily occur when i'm gaming or for all programs. For instance, i'm replying to this thread on google chrome and if i were to open other programs such as spotify or whatsapp web, the mouse will become draggy when 2 programs (chrome and spotify/whatsapp web) are on the screen at the same time. Only when i minimize my spotify/whatsapp web then the mouse will become smooth again. However, if i were to open other programs such as microsoft edge with my chrome open, the mouse won't become draggy. that is why i'm extremely confused on how to solve this problem because not all programs causes such issues.