Laggy Mouse Movement

lopez.mr.22

Commendable
May 1, 2018
Recently my SteelSeries Rival 600 wired mouse has become laggy at times. Not all the time but every now and again it lags across the screen. I have no idea what is causing it. I noticed it after I overclocked my CPU/RAM and got a new monitor.

First thing I tried was to reset my system back to default everything, but this didn't help. I then unplugged all cables from the PC and drained it of power, same issue. I uninstalled the mouse drivers, same issue. I tried a different USB port, same issue. I even found some other suggestions online about disabling nvidia audio drivers, but this didn't help either.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Any suggestions on how to fix this? It used to work perfectly, no issues.

lopez.mr.22

Commendable
May 1, 2018

Thanks for the response.

Can I ask, whats the thinking here? If I don't get the lag in safe mode does that point towards it being caused by some application on my computer? If I do get the lag in safe mode would that point to the OS?

Its so strange how it happened right after I got the ASUS PG27V and after I finished my overclocking. Although, I had my computer overclocked for a few days prior to getting the new monitor. It really seems like it started happening after the new monitor, but this makes zero sense to me. On a side note, I've replaced this monitor with the ASUS PG279Q.

TRENDING THREADS