Recently, I've began to encounter a problem. Everytime I minimize to the
desktop or use IE for a bit, my mouse lags as I move it around in what seems
like five second intervals. Someone mentioned it might be a memory issue, and
if so, how do I go about fixing that?

Also, I forgot to mention that Windows XP itself loads up a little slow at
startup, but all my programs seem to load up fast enough.

I am having a similar problem. If anything is minimized, the computer will
have half a second of lag for every three seconds.

Similarly, windows XP seems to load up quite slow for me as well. I have run
bootvis, scandisk, defrag, I have the latest video drivers, etc. None of
these seem to rectify the problem.